YamunaNagar district, surrounded by the state Himachal Pradesh in 30° 17′ latitude , by the state of Uttar Pradesh in the east, by Ambala district in the south east, and the district of Karnal and Kurukshetra in the south north. YamunaNagar district is situated at an altitude of 274 meters. From the sea level, this district is located in the top 53/F, 2,3,4,7,8,11 and 12 of India’s survey. The Yamuna River flows from YamunaNagar district.
At a Glance :
- Yamunanagar is 106 Kms from Chandigarh.
- Linking Roads : Situated on the National Highway No. 73
- Postal Code: 135001 , STD Code: 01732
- Longitude: 77.26 , Latitude: 30.12
- Area: 1,756 sq. km | Altitude : 255 m
- Population: 12,14,162 (Census 2011)
- Literacy Rate: 78.90 %
- Best season to visit : All seasons to visit.